Newman Machine Company Inc.
The Newman SLB-3004 Log Shavings Machine is designed to produce quality shavings from logs and timbers. Logs are loaded into a stationary hopper and shaved by four 10-1/4? diameter cutterheads. Shavings are produced in both directions as the cutterhead carriage travels beneath the log hopper. Shaving thickness and length can be easily adjusted. The SLB-3004 utilizes an innovative Pitman Arm Drive System. The cutterhead carriage rolls on extra heavy duty standard off-the-shelf V-roller bearing units (3 per side).
- Four cutterheads each with 10-knife rows, 45? long, 10-1/4? cutting circle. Each cutterhead comes with one set of knives, gibs, and gib screws.
- Cutterhead module equipped with electrically assisted pullout for easy and safe cutterhead maintenance.
- Standard Motors
- Cutterhead: Four 75 HP, 1750 RPM 60 hertz, premium efficiency, TEFC motors complete with starters. High speed option available to run cutterheads up to 3600 RPM and log box up to 150 fpm.
- Cutterhead carriage drive: Utilizes 20 HP gear motor, AC variable frequency controller and pitman arm linkage. Carriage travel is 35? and cutterheads cut in both directions. The pitman arm linkage provides for smooth and efficient change of direction
- Standard Voltage: 460 volt, 60 hertze, 3 phase, complete electrics provided. Please contact factory regarding other voltages.
- Cutterhead carriage frame: Constructed of 1-1/4? steel plate. Wear surfaces are replaceable. Tables are made from abrasion resistant wear plate. Log hopper is constructed of 3/4? steel plate. Heaviest construction in the industry.
- Log Hopper: 44? (112 cm) wide x 105? (267 cm) long x 50? (122 cm) deep.
- Minimum cut 1/16? per pass. Maximum cut 1/4? per pass.
- Cutterhead produces shavings in both cutting directions.
- Feed rate: 30 to 150 lineal feet per minute.
- Production rate: dependent on operation, typically 60-120 cubic yards per hour (50-100 cubic meters).
- Shipping Weight
- Approximately 38,000 lbs.