Newman Machine Company Inc.
An electrically driven planer with computer controlled roll speed synchronization, cutterhead positioning, optimized speed control and touch screen operator interface, the PM-1600 comes standard with Quick Change Head (QCH) modular assembly, allowing for a variety of tooling. It is capable of feed speeds up to 3,000 fpm. The PM-1600 is available with an inboard or outboard profiler, an additional mid-roll to make it an eight-roll machine and a high quality finish module to make it a six-head model. The heavy-duty four-sided planer matcher with 16" diameter steel feed rolls, is built to last in a demanding environment, without sacrificing production or quality. Newman Whitney has led the industry with innovations such as the Newman Helical Carbide Cutterheads, quick-change cutterheads, computer diagnostics, electric and/or pneumatic feed works and fabricated steel frames.
- Electric or Hydraulic drive with feed speeds up to 3000 fpm
- Quick Change Hydraulic locking cutterheads standard with 3-1/4” diameter spindles for all heads
- Full dimension planer with a capacity of 15” x 6”
- Heavy duty 1-1/2” thick steel plate frame members
- All weldments are oven stress relieved prior to machining
- 16” diameter reversible feed rolls
- Hydraulic positioning and tensioning of feed rolls with encoder feedback for quick open and reset
- Absolute encoder feedback for top head and side head set works
- TEFC cutterhead motors are standard
- Quick-set simultaneous bottom roll setting
- Up to 200 HP on top head, 150 HP on bottom head and 75 HP on side heads